I’m always trying new versions of pizza crust. I like this one in particular because it is extremely simple.
It almost has a biscuit like texture and I love the way it holds together. You can actually pick it up and eat it.
I didn’t think I’d be posting this, so please excuse the lack of pictures and the crudeness of the posted pictures.
We put our homemade Capocollo on it. Delish!
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp melted butter
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
(add additional spices if you like; oregano, garlic powder etc) Or keep it plain.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together until a dough forms
- Compact the dough into a ball. Place between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4" thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. Transfer the crust on the parchment paper to a pizza pan. Poke a few times with a toothpick to prevent bubbling. Though I didn’t find this dough to bubble at all.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Top with desired toppings, then return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or if you’re impatient like I am, broil for few minutes, but keep your eye on it.