Friday, June 17, 2011

Flower Cupcakes

I made 96 cupcakes for a Bridal Shower and each one was different.

cupcakes with flowers 001a

They are plain chocolate/vanilla cake, iced with a 1M tip with half & half buttercream icing.  Because these cupcakes will more than likely end up outside for a garden party, I opted to use the half butter/half shortening buttercream, specifically for the melt factor, (you can get that recipe here.)

The flowers were made from fondant that I colored with Wilton gel food coloring.

wilton color

I used a silicone flower mould with the colored fondant to make these pressed flowers. Simply press into the mould and refrigerate for about 10 minutes.  The flowers pop out perfectly. I make all fondant flowers and decorations a few days ahead to let them dry.

silicone mould

 

cupcakes with flowers 050a

 

One more little necessity for flowers. Pearl Dust. Nothing finishes flowers as beautifully as Pearl Dust.

pearl dust

A little glitter goes a long way.

cupcakes with flowers 005a

I took pictures of just a few, but my daughter and I noticed, no two were alike.

cupcakes with flowers 009a

cupcakes with flowers 013a

cupcakes with flowers 028a

cupcakes with flowers 037a

 

cupcakes with flowers 044a 

 

cupcakes with flowers 011a

cupcakes with flowers 034a

Congrats Sabrina & Matthew !

lisapinkfork

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I'm sure everyone loved them:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything you can't do??!! They are perfectly lovely Lisa ~ what a great shower treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful cupcakes!! I'm wondering how long that took, they look like pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete