Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cake Pops – Halloween Style!

In case you haven’t seen the latest and greatest cake pop craze, here is my version of Bakerella’s fabulous Halloween Pops.  They’re fun and they’re delicious.
I am definitely hooked to making these little guys !!!
I wont bother with the whole recipe since you can find that and more on Bakerella’s site.
But I will say that making the cake balls couldn’t be easier. Anything that starts with a cake mix and some ready made frosting is a winner in my book.
cake pops halloween 027a
And what’s even better -
it doesn’t matter what your cake looks like cause it just ends up like this!
cake pops halloween 030a
and then like this
cake pops halloween35a
Armed with my candy melts, lollypop sticks and edible pen, I begin the process.
cake pops halloween 031a
A couple of hours later, a few lessons learned (and a few pops ingested), here is what I came up with.
Thanks Bakerella for your spot-on instructions!
cake pops halloween 017a
cake pops halloween 038a
 cake pops halloween 023a
cake pops halloween 042a
cake pops halloween 022a
 cake pops halloween 043a
cake pops halloween 021a
I fully intend on making the turkey cake pops for Thanksgiving, and if they turn out I’ll post them.  Since I’ll be a seasoned cake popper by then, I might try a design all my own!
I thought this looked like a mug shot
cake pops halloween 037a


lisapinkfork

5 comments: