Sunday, August 14, 2011

Boxing Gloves Cake

So, my last cake for a while is for my daughters boyfriend Lucas.

Luca trains in M1 Thai Boxing and Nadia thought this would be a great cake for his birthday.

boxing gloves cake 016a

As I know NOTHING about sports, let alone boxing gloves, I looked around for the proper Thai Boxing gloves. We noticed that these gloves were flatter and more squared off at the top. 

In any case, I started off with a couple of rectangle simple butter cakes.  I made two separate cakes and cut each one into two layers.

This simple butter cake is one of the tastiest of the heavier cakes that is very easy to carve.

I made a paper template that I cut the cakes around.  Because there are two using a template keeps both cakes the same size and shape.

boxing gloves cake 001a

A very simple template and very simple to cut.

boxing gloves cake 002a

Crumb coat the prepared cakes with buttercream icing and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. I used half butter/half shortening buttercream because today is hot and humid!

Thankfully for this project I was able to get ready made RED fondant. What a treat that was. That sliced about 45 minutes and about 2 buckets of sweat off my day.

boxing gloves cake 005a 

Just a few finishing touches and we’re done.

boxing gloves cake 018a

 

boxing gloves cake 025a

boxing gloves cake 010a

 

boxing gloves cake 011a

Happy Birthday Luca !

boxing gloves cake 030a

 

 

 

lisapinkfork

2 comments:

  1. Omygosh that is amazing! I can't believe you made those! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOXING-GLOVES-GRANT-PURE-COWHIDE-LEATHER-10-To-16-OZ/202132786203?hash=item2f100d8c1b:g:YjAAAOSwPzhaIi-E

    ReplyDelete