Thursday, September 20, 2018

Pumpkin Egg Loaf–Low Carb

I know, there’s a lot of low carb recipes on here.
Unfortunately that has become a way of life for me now. Fortunately I feel a whole lot better now as well.
This is the famous Egg Loaf that has circulated throughout the low carb community.  This version has added pumpkin and spices for that ‘dessert’ feel.
Yup, doesn’t look much like a loaf either, but it originated from the Egg Loaf recipe, so that what we’re calling it.
Personally, I’d call it the Pumpkin Egg Cheese Thingy.  Yeah, I like it.
pumpkin egg pie 8 b
This is actually the first time I made this in a pie plate. Previously I would always use a 9 x 9 square pan.  Feel free to do the same.
I found that the recipe cracks more in a pie plate and stays whole in a square pan.



Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese softened
8 eggs
4 tablespoons butter softened
1/4 cup granulated low carb sweetener ( I used Swerve)
3 teaspoons or 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Extra dash of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup canned pure  pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
pumpkin egg pie 1 a
pumpkin egg pie 5a
pumpkin egg pie 4a
pumpkin egg pie 7a
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter bottom and sides of dish.
You can either use a blender or a hand held mixer.
Blend softened cream cheese and softened butter together until smooth.
Add in the remaining ingredients.  Whip it up good. Pour into prepared baking dish.  I sprinkled the top with a little more cinnamon.
Bake for 45 minutes.  You can check after 30 minutes if your oven runs hot.
Check the center with a skewer to ensure it’s completed baked.
Eat it hot or cold.  Top it with Cool Whip or whipped cream, or a nice low carb vanilla ice cream.
pumpkin egg pie 14b

1 comment: